Friday 25 September 2009

End of an era...

I have decided to sell my beloved Fazer 'Thou', after four years of ownership. Without question the best motorcycle that I have ever owned, it has proved adept at everything asked of it. Used as a commuting tool day in day out, all year round, it has also worked as a hugely exciting sports bike as well as an excellent tourer. I will be very sorry to see it go but the roads have just got too dangerous. When you cover high mileages on a bike I suppose that there is a certain statistical inevitability to the occasional spill but with so many car drivers distracted by their mobile phones, MP3 players and sat. navs (and a recent RAC survey just highlights this), it just feels more likely than ever a more serious accident will eventually happen. So, I have decided, after biking for most of my life, to move back to four wheels for the commute to work; however, my new vehicle will need to be something more than just a tin box, especially as I am now going to be spending more time sitting in traffic. Watch this space as I track down an appropriate car...

No comments:

Post a Comment