Wednesday 23 September 2020

It's good to be back...

My last post was almost nine years ago. Since then a huge amount has happened to me - and to the world! One of the major events for me was my redundancy from academia after almost twenty-three years in UK higher education. The current pandemic has made the prospect of full-time teaching in the university sector very slim but I have managed to pick up some part-time work, including lecturing - now online - at the famous City Lit in Covent Garden. My current and upcoming courses include How to Read a Film: A Beginner's Guide to Cinema and Masters of Cinema: Agnès Varda. I have also been curating and introducing film screenings at The Odyssey Cinema in St. Albans and hosting post-screening discussions, something which currently has shifted to video. Given my current situation now seemed like the perfect time to resurrect my dormant blog and to begin writing once more about the things that interest me, namely, film, television, cars and motorcycles... So, please watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment